DEPARTMENT OF GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (GST)
Government of Punjab
The objective of this Charter is to provide information regarding the services rendered by the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Department, and the time limits for providing such services to the tax payers, and to the citizens at large.
DEPARTMENT OF GOODS AND SERVICES TAX -
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AND HIERARCHY -
1) Commissioner of State Tax - Head of the Department.
2) Special Secretary-cum-Coordinator (GST)
3) Director (GST)
4) Additional Commissioners of State Tax
5) Joint Commissioners of State Tax.
6) Deputy Commissioners of State Tax.
7) Assistant Commissioners of State Tax.
8) State Tax Officers.
9) State Tax Inspectors
10) Clerical Staff
11) Class – IV staff.
IMPORTANT ACTS ADMINISTERED –
Following Acts are presently administered by the Department and are
available on its website
- AIM –
- Collection of Revenue by efficient and effective administration of all the Acts.
- Efficient, transparent, responsive, proactive and accountable administration.
- Provide information with promptness and courtesy.
- Empowerment of taxpayers by creating awareness and updating their knowledge through dissemination of information about their statutory rights, obligations, procedures, changes/amendments in the law.
- Conduct regular meetings of Service Cell at zonal, divisional and district level to interact with taxpayers in order to redress their grievances and obtain feedback so as to undertake corrective measures in tax administration.
- Review of Laws, Rules and Regulations and procedures for smooth applications/implementation of various Acts and better tax compliance.
- Extending all the required services prescribed under the Act.
- Regular updating of the department’s web site and promoting awareness and use of the same.
- Prompt/time bound response to tax payers’/citizens’ grievances.
- Periodic publicity of due dates for filing of returns, payment of tax and changes in the law, rules and procedures.